We understand that sometimes things can go drastically wrong and we are on hand 24 hrs to help with any emergencies.
Some of the disasters however can be prevented by simple maintenance. Have a look at some of our Plumbing Tips, they may help!
- Locate both indoor and outdoor isolation valves to your property.
- Check Valves operate correctly every 3 months.
- Ensure Pipe work and tanks are protected from cold weather by insulating them properly.
- When it is really cold, prevent pipes from becoming frozen. If you open your loft hatch and allow warm air to rise into the loft space, this will stop the cistern from freezing.
- Have your heating system serviced annually, this will ensure that it is in good working order and can increase boiler and system efficiency
- Ensure all appliances have means of isolation.
- Find the location of all emergency controls for both electrical and fuel supply to your heating system
Kitchen and Bathroom tips:
Do not allow taps and valves to drip, early prevention can save time and money especially if you water supply is metered.
Label valves to isolate individual parts of both cold and hot water supply.
Know exactly where the stop value is for incoming water and that it works properly.
Do you know the location of your outside manhole? You may need access to your drains.
Do not leave leaking taps or ball values go unchecked, this generally means that your plumbing system needs some form of maintenance or repair.
Don’t pour cooking oils or fats down the drain, they may solidify and block the drain!
Use a strainer in the bathroom wash basin and bath to collect hair and soap.